- Posted by Kate Wilson
- On February 28, 2020
While listening to music on the Bluetooth speakers, many of the Acer users have faced the Acer Bluetooth not working issue. The music stops automatically and the Bluetooth option is found nowhere in the notification bar. For some people, they could not highlight the Bluetooth option anymore.
Possible Causes Behind Acer Bluetooth Not Working
You have encountered the issue but have ever wondered why this is happening to you? Before eradicating the issue from its root, you must know the reasons that trigger Acer laptop Bluetooth not working issue.
- The reason can be malware issues.
- Other problems with the device.
- Corrupted Bluetooth device drivers.
Now that you have known the possible reasons that instigate this issue to appear, let’s dive straight into the solution part.
Troubleshoot Acer Bluetooth Not Working Issue By Following These Processes
There are three processes which you can apply for fixing the Acer laptop Bluetooth not working issue. We have mentioned each of them below in a step by step manner for easy understanding.
- First, drag the mouse cursor to the right side of your screen and hold it on the Settings option.
- Locate the “Change PC settings” option and click on it. From the list, choose the Wireless option.
- Now you will get to see a Bluetooth option. You just need to turn it on.
- Press Windows+R together. Doing this enables a dialogue box to pop up.
- Here in this dialogue box, type “services.msc” and hit “Enter”.
- After doing this, you will get to see the “Bluetooth Service Support”, click on it.
- Now, visit the “General” tab. Here you have to alter the settings from ”Manual” to “Automatic”
- After that, visit the “Log On” tab and hit on a radio button.
- Now you will be asked to provide your account details. Here just provide the account name and remove the hidden password.
- Reboot your PC. Now check if the Bluetooth problem has been fixed or not.
- Enable the bluetooth by pressing Fn+F3 together.
If this does not work for you, update the Bluetooth drivers by following these steps-
- First, visit the official page of Acer which is “Acers Drivers and Manuals” for updating the drivers.
- When asked, enter the required details like your model name.
- From the shown list, choose your product.
- Now, you need to select the “Drivers Atheros Bluetooth Drivers”.
- After that, click on the Save option and select the place where you want to download the file.
You are all done! Now check for the issue, whether it has been fixed or not.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1: How to turn on Bluetooth on my Acer laptop?
Ans: Follow these easy steps-
- Click on the Windows start button and select the option “Control Panel”. From there, choose “ Hardware and Sound”.
- Here you can locate the option Bluetooth Devices, click on it. Quickly identify the device that you want to change and then select “Properties”
- Select the “Services” tab. Check the box beside the Services Tab and click on OK.
2: Why is Bluetooth not showing up in Windows 10?
Ans: Maybe you are facing this issue because of the outdated pot corrupted Bluetooth drivers.
Click on the Start button and from there select the Settings option. Look for ‘Update and Security’ and from there, find Troubleshoot. Under the ‘Find and Fix’ option, you will be shown a list. From there, choose the Bluetooth option. You have to run the troubleshooter now by selecting the “Run the Troubleshooter” option.
3: What is the process of reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers?
Ans: Reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers are very easy if you follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the Task Bar first and when the Windows icon will be noticeable to you, right-click on it.
- When you will be shown a list, select the “Device Manager” option from that.
- Find the device that is creating problems and right-click on it.
- Now tap on ‘Uninstall Device”
When asked for the confirmation say yes and uninstall the drivers. Now, restart your Windows PC and when it does, the Bluetooth drivers will be automatically reinstalled.