- Posted by Kate Wilson
- On February 29, 2020
Screen brightness needs to be adjusted frequently in Laptops as we carry our laptops to different places with different brightnesses. Every laptop has its own way of managing screen brightness. But lately, several Acer laptop users have reported that their Acer screen brightness is not working. They are facing several problems while adjusting the brightness of their laptop screens. And this issue is mostly seen with the Acer Aspire series.
What Happens when Acer Screen Brightness is Not Working
If you are unable to adjust the screen brightness of your Acer laptops then it can cause several problems. The most common screen brightness related issues that several Acer laptop users face are-
- Screen brightness starts to change automatically even if it is not needed.
- Even after pressing the Fn key and Left and Right arrow keys simultaneously, the brightness does not adjust.
- Screen brightness becomes too low on its own. The screen becomes so dark that you cannot work on any document or watch any movie.
- An extremely bright screen drains the battery at a faster rate.
How to Fix the Acer Screen Brightness Not Working Problem?
Before going into the fixes we shall first know how to adjust the screen brightness on Acer Aspire laptops. For this, you need to use a combination of the Fn key and the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard. If you press the Fn key + left arrow simultaneously then the screen brightness will decrease and similarly if you simultaneously press the Fn key + Right arrow, it will increase the brightness of the screen.
But if you are unable to adjust the screen brightness through this method then you can fix the Acer aspire screen brightness problem with these easy and effective solutions-
Fix 1- Update and Install the Latest Display Adapter Driver
If you are using an Outdated version of display adapter driver on your smartphone, then it may cause the Acer screen brightness not working problem. To avoid this from happening, you just have to update and install the latest version of the display adapter driver into your computer.
To do this, follow the instructions provided below:
- Go to the search box on the Taskbar and type “Device Manager”.
- Now, click on the Device Manager from the search results to open it.
- Once the Device Manager opens, click on Display Adapter drivers to expand the section.
- Now, right-click on the display driver and select Update. Next, click on Search automatically for Updated driver Software. This will automatically detect if there are any updates available for display adapter on your system. If found, Windows will automatically update it to the latest version.
Once the display adaptor driver is updated to its latest version, the Acer screen brightness not working problem will hopefully be resolved. But if this solution does not work for you, try the next fix.
Fix 2- Disable the Adaptive Brightness Feature
The Adaptive Brightness is a display brightness adjustment feature. When this feature is enabled, it changes the brightness of the laptop screen automatically according to the environment’s light setting. The feature uses an ambient light sensor which detects the light setting of the surroundings and changes the screen brightness accordingly.
For example, if you are sitting under daylight then the feature will increase the brightness of the screen. And again it will reduce the screen brightness if you are using your laptop in a dark room. But sometimes this ambient light sensor fails to detect the actual light setting of the surrounding. And ends up changing the screen brightness randomly, which might be a problem for you. Therefore, if you disable the adaptive brightness feature then you will not have to face the screen brightness changing automatically.
To disable the adaptive brightness feature on your Acer laptop, you need to do the following-
- Go to the search panel and type, “Edit power plan”.
- Now select the Edit power plan option and under its settings window click on “Change advanced power settings”.
- Next, find the Display option and expand it.
- After that, find ‘Enable adaptive Brightness’, expand it and turn the settings of “On battery” as well as the “Plugged in” option to Off mode.
- Finally, restart your Acer laptop and the screen brightness issue should be resolved by now.
If it does not solve your Acer brightness not working problem then move on to the next solution.
Fix 3: Run Windows Troubleshooters
In a Windows Operating System, you can troubleshoot your screen brightness adjustment problems using its built-in Troubleshooter. Windows troubleshooters can automatically detect and resolve several minor computer glitches. To run the troubleshooting process, you need to go through the steps mentioned below-
- First, go to the Settings tab and type Troubleshoot in the search column.
- Now click on Troubleshoot from the search list.
- Now, under the Find and Fix other Problems tab, navigate to the Hardware and Devices option and then select it.
- Next, choose the “Run the troubleshooter” option under the Hardware and Devices tab.
- After performing all these steps, the troubleshoot will start.
Now, after the process finishes, restart your computer and check if it has detected and resolved the screen brightness issue from your Acer aspire laptop or not. Troubleshooting generally resolves most of the minor glitches in any computer
These were the most commonly applied and practical solutions to fix the Acer screen brightness not working issue. Many Acer laptop users have claimed that by applying these solutions they were able to get rid of the brightness error. Hopefully, these solutions have been helpful to you as well. And resolved the screen brightness not working problem in your Acer aspire laptops.