- Posted by Kate Wilson
- On February 2, 2020
Acer laptops are currently the most widely used and popular laptops available in the market. This brand is mainly famous for its amazingly featured devices. But many users are reporting that while working on their Acer laptops, they find that the screen gets black all of a sudden and it won’t turn on further.
Many users are unable to fix this issue even after trying various basic methods. If you are one of those users who want to solve this issue, then stay tuned to this article. Here you will get some techniques that will help you in resolving this particular error. But before that, it will be helpful if you know the causes which are responsible for this error on your Acer laptops.
Factors that Trigger Acer Laptops Not to Turn On Again:
It’s very obvious that there are some major causes that trigger this issue. So before diving into the solution part, let’s analyze the causes behind it.
Virus or Malware Attack
Virus or malware attack can be one of the greatest reasons that you are facing this problem. As we all know, virus attacks make our computers and laptops very vulnerable to risks. As a result, you might face some serious problems like this.
Existence of Harmful Softwares
Often it happens that our laptops contain some harmful softwares but we often fail to recognize them. So, this can be another reason for your Acer laptop won’t turn on problem.
Hardware Failure Issue
Apart from these two, hardware failure is also a major reason which gives rise to this particular issue.
It is often observed that overcharging your Acer laptops gives rise to this problem
So these are the main causes that lead to this problem in your Acer laptops.
Top-Notch Fixes for your Acer Laptops Won’t Turn On Issue:
Now that we have known the causes behind this problem, let’s find out how you can fix this issue at the earliest.
Fix 1: Perform a Hard Reset
The first thing you should try is to perform a hard reset. To do so, follow the steps listed hereunder:
- First, remove the battery from the laptop.
- Next, you have to disconnect the power link from your device.
- Tap on the power button and hold it for sometimes.
- Plug the power cable in and turn on the device.
- Now, you have to turn off your PC.
- Reconnect the battery to your Acer laptop and try to turn it on.
Now, you are done performing the hard reset. Further, check if the problem still persists or not.
Fix 2: Look for the Faulty Software and Remove it
As discussed earlier, the existence of harmful softwares makes our laptops very weak. In order to solve this particular issue, examine your Acer laptops very carefully. Recognize that particular software with odd behavior and throw that out of your device.
Fix 3: Recover the BIOS
The next important step that will help you to get rid of this issue is recovering the BIOS. Follow the steps listed below for doing so.
- First, turn off your PC and connect it to an influence supply mistreatment ability adapter.
- Press Windows + B together when the PC is off.
- Hold down the Ability button while pressing the keys.
- Next, leave the button and the keys also.
- You will notice the power diode lightweight is still on and the screen is still blank.
- After this stage, you will possibly hear a beep sound. Your screen will appear and now you can easily perform the BIOS update.
Fix 4: Take Help of the Windows Boot Genius
Presenting another effective step to you, i.e. you can try to run the Windows Boot Genius. This is an amazing app for solving all the issues that you’re facing with your Acer laptop. So, you need to run this tool on your device. Running this tool in your device will present an error list with solutions to you.
Fix 5: Reinstall the RAM
To reinstall the RAM, check out the following things:
- First, you need to turn off your PC and remove the battery from it. Also, unplug the power cable.
- Next, locate the spread on the memory module compartment on the back of your PC and remove it.
- Now, clean the golden contact of your RAM with the help of an eraser.
- Install the memory to your Acer device again.
- Also, put the spread on the memory module compartment back on your Acer laptop.
- Now, turn on the workstation and see if your issue is resolved or not.
Except for these methods that have been discussed in the above section, you can try out some other ways to resolve this issue. You can choose to verify the monitor of your laptop, check its battery or try to boot your Acer laptop in Safe Mode.
So these are the most effective fixes for your Acer Aspire won’t turn on no lights issue.
Reference Blog: How to Resolve Flickering Acer Laptop Screen
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Why does my Acer laptop won’t turn the power on?
Ans: There are various factors responsible for this problem. These are- harmful software issues, Hardware failure, Virus attack, overheating or overcharging, etc.
- How to turn on the Touchpad on my Acer laptop?
Ans: Firstly, type Device Manager in the search box.
Then right-click on the Touchpad and select the Disable option.
Also, you can turn on the Touchpad by pressing the FN key and F8 key together.
Bur remember that the Touchpad settings are different for every model and type.
- Why does my computer keep shutting down?
Ans: The main reason for this issue is the existence of the virus in your device. The virus weakens the operating system and gives rise to many serious problems.