- Posted by Kate Wilson
- On February 3, 2020
In order to get a seamless experience from your PC, it is important that both audio and video works properly. Without a sound, you will not be able to listen to Internet radio or play a game properly on your Acer monitor. You can not even listen to digital music files and fail to watch a video. Because of the corrupt audio driver, you might face this issue.
If you do not connect your PC and audio device with the correct input or output ports, then you might come across this issue. In some of the monitors, you will find built-in speakers. But there are few monitors where you need to have an earphone jack to connect. Another cause can be broken hardware devices.
In case you come across the Acer monitor with no sound issue, then you don’t get nervous. As this is a common technical glitch, you can resolve it by performing a few manual instructions.
Possible Ways to Fix Acer Monitor No Sound HDMI
Use the easy methods stated here to fix the no sound issue in your Acer monitor permanently. Therefore, make sure to follow the instructions carefully.
Solution 1: Make Sure that All Hardware Devices Work Properly
Because of the broken hardware devices, you might come across the no sound issue. Hence, you need to check whether all hardware devices are working properly or not.
- Sometimes, the cable might have a problem. In that case, you can use another cable and check if it can resolve the issue or not.
- If you find that the output ports do not work appropriately, then you might encounter this issue. It can be possible that your computer might have multiple HDMI ports. To resolve this issue, make sure to try different ports.
- It can be possible that the monitor might not work properly. At this time, you need to check whether the monitor’s speaker volume is muted or not. If you find muted, then make sure to unmute that and then connect the monitor to another PC.
Solution 2: Set HDMI Device as the Default Device
Sometimes, the HDMI devices might not set as default ones in your system. Because of that, you will be unable to hear the sound from HDMI output. To set the HDMI device as the default device, go through the steps mentioned hereunder.
- From the lower right corner of the Windows, right-click on the Volume icon.
- When a context menu arises, click on the “Playback Devices”.
- Navigate to the Playback tab and select the “Digital Output Device”. You can even select the HDMI option.
- After that, head over to the “Set Default” and then select the OK to set the HDMI sound output as a Default Device.
Sometimes, you might not see the Digital Output Device or the HDMI option in the Playback tab. At that time, right-click on the blank space.
Then go to the context menu to click on the “Show Disconnected Devices” option. You can even click on the “Show Disabled Devices” option to set it as a Default Device.
Solution 3: Update the Sound Driver
The missing audio driver can be the prime reason for the Acer monitor no sound HDMI issue. If the audio drivers are corrupted, then you might encounter this issue.
To fix the sound issue, make sure to update the sound driver. To get the proper driver for your sound card, you can update the driver manually or automatically.
Update the Sound Driver Manually
Go to the manufacturer’s website of the sound card to update the sound driver manually. After going there, search the most recent correct sound driver. Before selecting any drivers, check whether it is compatible with your variant of Windows 10 or not.
Update the Driver Automatically
You can update the driver automatically with the help of the Windows Update. For that, follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Go to the Settings to click on the “Update & Security” option.
- After that, head over to the Windows Update and click on the “Check for Updates” option.
After an upgrade, you might find that a driver is missing. Sometimes, you can even find a new driver to improve the previous version. Then, the upgrade procedure starts to download and then install automatically.
Alternative Solutions to Fix the Acer Monitor No Sound Issue:
- Make sure that you have connected the proper input or output ports with your PC and the audio service. You can find two types of ports and these are Audio-in port and the Earphone jack.
- Sometimes, your PC might not have HDMI or the DP port. Then, you can connect a standard audio cable to the PC.
- You might need to change the speaker settings on your computer. Then, make sure to select the monitor as a default audio device.
For that, go to the Control Panel and click on the “Hardware and Sound”. Then, head over the Sound to click on the “Change System Sound”.
- Sometimes, you can’t find the monitor speaker on the list. Then, go to the Control Panel and click on the Device Manager option. First, uninstall and then install the device again.
After that, check whether the audio input and output are able to find the audio device or not. Also, check whether the sound card driver is installed and activated properly or not.
- To fix this issue, you might need to check the speaker settings on the On-Screen Display menu.
- From the On-Screen Display menu, select the Sound and then click on the “Mute is OFF” option.
- After going to the On-Screen Display menu, click on the Sound. Then, select the “Source is Line in/HDMI/DisplayPort”.
- It is usual that your monitor might not have built-in speakers. Then, you might need an earphone jack to connect with the audio equipment.
- Sometimes, you might need to connect the audio source with a video cable. Then, make sure to use HDMI-to-HDMI or DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort cables in order to connect with your computer.
Hopefully, with the help of the above-mentioned solutions, you will be able to fix the Acer monitor no sound issue successfully.