- Posted by Kate Wilson
- On February 25, 2020
Many Acer users have been reporting that after uninstalling some software or performing an antivirus scan, the Acer scroll pad is not working properly. Moving the mouse or clicks work fine but the main issue is with the two-finger scroll.
Probable Causes Behind Acer Two Finger Scroll Not Working
As nothing happens without a reason, there are few factors that instigate Acer two fingers scroll not working issue to pop up including:
- Problems with your touchpad drivers.
- The feature may be disabled by default.
- Faulty Windows updates may also give rise to this issue.
Acer Scroll Pad Not Working: Try These Fixes
All the possible reasons for this particular issue have been discussed now. So without any further delay, let’s check out the methods to get rid of this issue quickly.
Way 1: Enable Your Touchpad Manually
The first thing you have to do is enable your touchpad manually.
In the F6 or F7 button, there is a touchpad icon. Spot that and press the Windows key and the touchpad signed button together. This will enable the touchpad of your Acer laptop.
Way 2: Update or Reinstall the Acer Touchpad Drivers Manually
The Acer scroll pad has become unresponsive may be because of faulty or outdated drivers. Updating the touchpad drivers is the only solution then. You can update the touchpad drivers manually.
Follow the instructions to update or reinstall your Acer Touchpad Drivers-
- First, you have to visit Acer’s official website and then click on the Drivers and manuals option. You will find this option in the Support section.
- Now, all you have to do is put your device’s serial number, SNID or Model Number. After that hit on Find to search for the results.
- Now, you need to choose the correct and latest driver for your Acer laptop.
- Next, open the Downloaded File folder and follow the onscreen instructions in order to install the driver on your laptop.
- Now simply restart your Acer laptop to experience the new changes.
Way 3: Perform a Physical Checkup
After trying the above two methods, if you still can’t solve the issue on your own, you may need expert help. If your laptop is still under the warranty period, you can then utilize that.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1: Why is my Acer touchpad not responding?
Ans: There are various reasons that your Acer touchpad is not working.
Maybe there are some issues with your touchpad drivers or the touchpad feature may be disabled on your Acer laptop by default. Sometimes a wrong Windows update is also the reason behind this issue.
2: How to enable right click on my Acer laptop?
Ans: First, to enable the Acer laptop touchpad, tap the touchpad with your two fingers. This will open the right-click menu for you. Now put two fingers on the touchpad and move up and down. Or you can move it right or left to scroll.