- Posted by Kate Wilson
- On February 28, 2020
At times, when you turn on your PC, you might come across the “no bootable device” error. The computer does not boot into its OS and you get to see a black screen with an error message reading ‘no bootable device found’
This error message indicates that your PC is unable to detect a hard drive to load the operating system. If the boot order is incorrect and the partition is not set as active, then you might come across this issue.
A primary hard drive might have bad sectors and that can be the reason behind this issue. Hard disk failure can also lead to this issue. Corrupted System files or corrupted MBR can also cause this error.
But whatever be the reason you need to resolve no bootable device Acer at the earliest with the help of the instructions mentioned below to continue working on your laptop.
Fixes for No Bootable Device on Acer
Discussed below are some of the most effective solutions that you can implement on your own to resolve the ‘no bootable device’ issue.
Solution 1: Make Sure to Disconnect all USB Peripherals
If you have multiple USB devices connected, you might face no bootable device error on Acer in Windows 10. In order to fix this issue, you need to disconnect the USB peripherals and that includes a USB keyboard and mouse and then start up the PC.
Once the system starts up, make sure to replug them until you find which one creates this error.
Solution 2: Fix the Boot Information
Corrupted Master Boot Record can be the reason behind this error. To fix this issue, you need to rebuild the information by performing the following steps.
- First, put the Windows installation media into the PC and then try to boot from it.
- After that, go to the Language and Region and then click on the “Repair Your Computer” option.
- It is possible that you are using Windows 10 installation media. In that case, choose the Troubleshoot option followed by the Command Prompt.
- If you are using Windows 7 media, then head over to the System Recovery Options to select the “Use Recovery Tools”.
- From the list of the system, select the Windows 7 system.
- Next, click on Next followed by the Command Prompt option.
- Enter the commands given below one by one and press the Enter button after each.
- When prompted whether you want to add a new installation to the boot list, press the Y key on your keyboard followed by the Enter button.
- In the end, exit the Command Prompt and then reboot your PC. And you will hopefully find that the Acer no boot device is resolved.
Solution 3: Check the Loose Cables
Check whether the PC components are connected properly or not. Loose cables during the Windows startup can generate this error. In order to fix the issue, you need to shut down the PC and then open the computer case.
After that, ensure that the SATA cables are connected to the motherboard and hard drives. Finally, reboot the PC to check whether the no bootable device issue is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Check the Hardware Components
If you want to fix this error, then make sure to check the hardware components. For that, you need to remove and reconnect the hardware components. Perform the steps mentioned below.
- First, make sure to reboot the PC and then press the F2 key.
- After that, check the “Primary Hard Drive” option.
- Sometimes, you might not see this option on your system. This indicates it is unable to detect the connected hard drive.
- Now, shut down the PC and then unplug the power cable.
- Thereafter, check whether you removed each and every device that is connected to the PC or not.
- Next, wait for a few minutes, reconnect all the hardware and then check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Solution 5: Set the Primary Partition Back as Active
No bootable device in the Acer will appear if you did not set the primary partition as active. With the help of the Diskpart and running some commands, you will be able to reset the primary partition as active.
- At first, insert the Windows installation media such as a DVD drive or a USB flash drive and then try to boot from that.
- Thereafter, go to the System Recovery Option and click on Command Prompt.
- After that, enter “Diskpart” and then hit the Enter key.
- Now, make sure to type “List Partition” and then press the Enter button.
- Next, enter “Select Partition 1” and then hit the Enter button.
- Finally, enter “Active” and then press the Enter button.
Hopefully, following the above instructions, you will be able to fix the no bootable device Acer without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Fix Acer Aspire One Not Booting?
Ans: First, make sure to turn off the Acer Aspire One. Then, check whether the battery and AC adapter are connected or not. Now, press and hold the Fn and Esc key at the same time on the keyboard. While holding these keys, press the power button to turn on the AA1. After a few seconds make sure to release the Fn and Esc keys and you will note that the power button will start to blink. Finally, press the power button again.