- Posted by Kate Wilson
- On February 17, 2018
Dolby Audio Driver Error typically appears after upgrading your operating system. Get connected with Acer Customer Support Number to get to the roots of the error. Here you can find easy ways to fix Acer Laptop Unable to Start the Dolby Audio Driver Error. Acer Think Pad is in general to be affected by this error. This error code seems to bother only Windows 8 and Windows 10 users. When you upgrade your system to Microsoft Windows 10, you get this error.
Why Dolby Audio Driver Unable to Start On Your Acer Laptop?
This problem arises for users who have updated their system from the older version of Windows to the latest versions. While doing so, the previous drivers may not be compatible with the latest window version and hence, fails to start. This is the why Dolby Audio driver doesn’t respond.
Moreover, users fail to search for the correct driver for their system. Therefore it fails during installation because, without the exact driver, the update package in your system won’t allow the changes to take place. Moreover often people forget to check the bit version of their system. Undoubtedly, this is an essential part of choosing your driver. A 64-bit driver has a different set-up file than a 32-bit driver. Without the correct audio and the Bit-version, your software won’t undergo the installation or update and won’t respond.
Effective Solutions to fix “Unable to Start the Dolby Audio Driver Error” on Acer Laptops | Call +1-855-683-2442 Toll-Free
There is nothing to worry about. Here we have listed down the most suitable solutions for your ease convenience. Such solutions will help you rectify this error in lesser time possible. Contact our Acer Customer Care Support Service to deal with this better with remote communication.
Solution 1: Uninstallation of Windows 10 and Windows 8
The error occurs not because of the fault in Dolby drivers but in the OS itself.
- First of all, you need type Device Manager after clicking on the Windows key.
- Expand the “Sound, Video and Game Controller” followed by locating the Conexant Audio Driver.
- Uninstall it by right clicking on it. Now follow the removal wizard and reboot your system at the end.
- While booting, open Device Manager and look for the Conexant Driver.
- If you see a Yellow exclamation or question mark, you need to update the driver.
- Right click on the Conexant Driver followed by choosing update driver software.
- Now boot your system again when the update process completes.
Related Blog: How To Fix Acer Laptop Sound Not Working On Windows 10?
Solution 2: Disabling of Automatic Driver Installation
- First of all, right click on “This PC” and navigate to Properties.
- Click on Change Settings under Computer Name, Domain and Workgroup Settings.
- Choose Device Installation Setting after navigating to Hardware Tab.
- Click on “No, Let me choose what to do”.
- Choose “Never install driver software from Windows Update” followed by clicking on Save Changes.
- Now reboot your system to apply the changes properly.
- Now Uninstall the Conexant Audio Drivers from the Device Manager.
- Next you need to press the Windows Key followed by typing Program and Features.
- Look for results related to Conexant/IDT and Dolby.
- Uninstall it and thus reboot your system.
- Now navigate to the Acer’s official website and download the latest updated version of the driver.
- Open the downloaded file and click on Install the drivers.
- Finally “Reboot” your system again and the error will disappear.
Dial Acer Customer Service Number to Get at Desk Solutions:
If the error recurs, connect with Acer Support Number now by dialing +1-855-683-2442. Our team of highly experienced and certified technicians. We serve 24*7 round the clock customer supports throughout the year. We keep our solutions ready for instant and immediate troubleshooting. Our customer support team makes troubleshooting easier for customers while saving their time. Hence connect with the number now for professional help for all Acer issues.