- Posted by admin
- On November 9, 2017
The error usually executes in Acer devices which signifies that it has been blocked by the current security policy on Window 8.1 while users are working on it. It is connected with the “Secure Boot’ technique which is a feature designed to block all malicious software as well as unauthorized media from loading while the boot process is queued up. This option is completely enabled in default mode, but can easily be turned off in “UEFI / BIOS” section. Below we have provided solutions to fix Window Boot Manager Blocked on Acer Devices.
Solutions to troubleshoot Window Blocked Boot Manager on Acer Devices
Solution 1: Try this solution to get rid of the error
- Select the Windows 8 device and follow all below steps to change the “Secure Boot” setting icon:
- The very first thing is to completely shut down the computer.
- Power on the computer device first as soon as the first logo screen is displayed on the screen. Press the F2 button to enter the BIOS section.
- Work with the right arrow key to easily select the ‘Security’ icon and then, use the down arrow key to highlight the “Set Supervisor Password” icon and press the “Enter” button.
- Users are then advised to create a password and then, press the “Enter” icon. Re-enter the password to confirm it and press the “Enter” key again.
- To select Boot option, press the right arrow key.
- Press down the arrow key to easily select the “Secure Boot” icon and then press the “Enter’ icon.
- With the help of arrow key, users are required to highlight the ‘Disabled’ icon and then, press the “Enter” icon.
- Press the F10 key first and then select the “Yes” icon to save all the changes done by you. Exit from the BIOS section.
- We suggest users to remove the supervisor password immediately just after enabling the “Secure Boot” option. If they have chosen not to remove the supervisor password then, make sure that they note it down for future use.
Solution 2: If the above solution did not work out then, try this out
- Reinstall the operating system first which was purchased from the ACER
- Complete the installation process, remove the CD and auto-reboot the system now.
- When you have started the system, users will get a message known as “Windows Boot Manager has been blocked by the current security policy”. Just click the “OK” button now
- The next thing is that users will be prompted with an error message as “Default Boot Device Missing of Boot Failed. Insertion of the Recovery Media is needed and hit any key. Then Select Boot Managere to choose a new Boot Device or to Boot Recovery Media”. This will take few more minutes.
- The next thing is users are required to power on the “+ F2” button which will prompt them for “Admin Password” which I’ve never set.
Connect to our technicians at Acer Support Number to fix more such issues
Contact our technicians at Acer Technical Support +1-888-624-7214 where technicians are always one step forward to assist users in resolving complex to smallest kind of issues. We are backed by honest, competent and skilled technicians who delivers the best in class solution to as and when needed.