- Posted by Kate Wilson
- On June 23, 2018
Windows 10 is a user-compatible operating system. But upgrade complicates the thing. Likewise when you try to install Windows 10 Cumulative Updates KB4043961 and KB4048955, update error emerge in. You should fix Windows Update Error 0x80070bc2 on Acer Laptop in Windows 10 to continue upgrades.
As soon as you make an upgrade, Windows update history shows a peculiar message. To install the cumulative update, it seeks “Requires a restart to finish installing”. When you reboot your system, the update shows the error 0x80070bc2. A failed installation message appears along with that saying, “update failed to install”. It is a loop. The error and the windows update message keeps coming on during the upgrade. You will face the same sequence over and over again.
There are abundance numbers of reasons due to which you can have this error. Corruption of Windows Update services, damaged Windows update files and more are common among them.
Efficacious Solutions to Troubleshoot Windows Update Error 0x80070bc2 on Acer Laptop in Windows 10:
This error may seem more frustrating than troubling. Its sequence is nothing but a mess for Acer Laptop users. But do not worry. No matter what the reason is, this blog will help you to tackle the matter in better way. You can apply the solutions and overcome the situation easily. You can also avail Acer Laptop Repair Services for hassle free troubleshooting.
Solution 1: Avail Windows Update services and Set It Automatic
- First, open command prompt with admin privilege.
- Open Command Prompt by right clicking on the Windows Key.
- Run these commands one by one
SC config wuauserv start= auto
SC config bits start= auto
SC config cryptsvc start= auto
SC config trustedinstaller start= auto
- After typing the commands, hit the Enter button and reboot the system.
Solution 2: Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
- First thing that you need to do is to press the Windows and the ‘I’ key to open the Update & Security.
- From there you need to choose Update and Security sections.
- Look for Windows Update under Troubleshoot option.
- Next you need to click on Windows Update followed by clicking on Run troubleshooter.
Solution 3: Reset Windows Update Components
- Use Administer rights to open Command Prompt by right clicking on the Windows key.
- When an UAC occurs, click on Ok and thus run the given commands. It will help you stop BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services.
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
- Click on Enter after typing them.
- Next you need to write the following command to delete qmgr*.dat files.
- Copy and paste the cd /d %windir%\\system32 command followed by pressing the Enter key to execute.
- To re-register BITS and Windows Update files, you need a set of commands. After that press the Enter button after each command.
- To reset Winsock, type the below given command:
netsh winsock reset
netsh winhttp reset proxy
- Execute the following commands to reboot reboot BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services.
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
Make an Immediate Call at Acer Laptop Support Number for Complete Guidance:
In case you are unable to make Windows 10 error code 0x80070bc2 on Acer Laptop, then it is the high time to connect with us. Acer Technical Support Number +1-888-624-7214 being a team of engineers look forward to resolve any complicated errors that come to us. No matter how complex or time taking the process is, we are at your back 24*7. Hence dial out the helpline number to make yourself free from troubleshooting stress.