- Posted by Kate Wilson
- On March 1, 2020
If you are doing most of your work online, then the Acer laptop is the best for you. These types of laptops are easily accessible as they are lightweight. Most of the Acer Chromebooks price is very low compared to the average laptops. Moreover, it can be powered up and be ready within eight seconds.
The Chromebook comes with built-in virus and malware protection. Therefore, with this, you can track the online activity of your kids. But many times, you might face that the Chromebook is freezing or stop to respond. Generally, it happens because of the software or the hardware issues of your computer. If a program is currently running, then you might come across this issue.
It might have issues with the Chrome OS and that might also lead to this issue. Internal hardware problems with the Chromebook can be another reason behind this issue. Thus, you need to know the potential methods that can resolve the Acer Chromebook freezing at the earliest.
How to Fix Acer Chromebook 11 Freezing Issue?
In this section, we have discussed some of the effective solutions that you can implement on your own to resolve this Acer Chromebook issue without any hassle.
Solution 1: Make Sure to Remove Any External Devices
Many times, you might come across that the Chromebook freezes up or it becomes unresponsive. If you plugged in any external device, then you need to remove it first. Sometimes, you might plug in USB devices, headphones and it can create issues. Hence, make sure to remove those external devices to fix this problem.
Solution 2: Reset the Chromebook to the Factory Settings
With the help of the Factory Reset, you will be able to remove all the datastore from the system hard drive. After resetting the Chromebook to the Factory Settings, all the files in the download folder will be erased. If you don’t know how to reset the Chromebook to the factory settings, then go through the steps mentioned below.
- First, check whether you have signed out of the Chromebook or not.
- Thereafter, press and hold the Ctrl, Alt, Shift and r key at the same time on the keyboard.
- After pressing the Restart option on the screen, choose the Powerwash option to continue.
- After that, make sure to follow all the on-screen options accordingly and then sign in to the Google account.
- When the Chromebook is reset, you will note that Acer Chromebook 11 freezing issue is fixed.
Solution 3: Check the Error Messages on your Chromebook
When the Chromebook is frozen, you might come across with an error message. After that, you need to search the message on Google with the help of another device. For further guidance, make sure to consult with the Chrome OS Help Website.
Solution 4: Recover the Chromebook
Sometimes, you might not want to do the Factory Reset. Then you should perform the System Recovery. This Recovery option helps you to remove and reinstall the Operating System. If you want to recover the Chromebook, then go through the steps mentioned hereunder.
- Open the Chromebook first and then make sure to enter the Recovery Mode.
- After that, press and hold the Esc key and Refresh key at the same time on the keyboard.
- After that, press the Power button. You will notice that the screen will completely go off.
- Now, you will get an error message that stated Chrome OS is missing or damaged. You might even get the error message “Please insert a recovery USB or SD card.
- When you face this type of error message, insert the USB flash or the SD card that you decided to use as a backup.
- Now, wait for a few minutes until the Chromebook gets booted up. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install the OS.
- Now, you will be asked to remove the USB Flash or the SD card. After removing one of them, the Chromebook will begin to restart automatically. Then, you will note that the Acer Chromebook 11 freezing is fixed.
Solution 5: Some Apps Needs to Close
There are certain times when you can control the mouse but the screen is frozen. Then, bring up the Chrome OS Task Manager by pressing the Shift and Esc keys at the same time on the keyboard.
After that, check whether you scan the list of running apps and web pages or not. Sometime, you might see it consumes a lot of memory and then click on it. Finally, you need to select the “End Task” option.
Solution 6: Make Sure to Drain the Battery
Sometimes, you might face that the Chromebook is frozen and you might not be able to turn off the computer. Then, you need to unplug the PC from its power source and then permit the battery to drain.
Now, wait for three hours until the CPU cools down. Then you should reconnect the charger. Finally, turn on the device and you will note that the problem is fixed.
Solution 7: Perform a Hard Reset
Performing a hard reset helps you to fix the Chromebook freezing issue. In order to perform a hard reset, press and hold the Refresh and Power button at the same time on the keyboard for five seconds. After performing the hard reset, you will be able to restart the Chromebook’s hardware.
Hopefully, after performing these steps successfully, you will be able to fix the Acer Chromebook freezing without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to enable the touch screen?
Ans: Here are the steps that you can implement on your own to enable the touch screen. First, go to the Start menu to select the Control Panel. After that, choose the Pen and Touch and followed by the Touch tab. Next, choose and check the box for the touchscreen to work properly. In the end, make sure to verify whether the touchscreen works or not.
Where is the Reset button on the Acer Chromebook?
Ans: Initially, make sure to turn the Chromebook off. After that, press the Esc and Refresh key at the same time on the keyboard. While holding these keys, make sure to hold down the Power button. Now, you will note that the Chromebook will start to boot straight to recovery mode.