- Posted by Kate Wilson
- On February 10, 2020
The top brand Acer has made its marks among the top 10 of the best computer peripheral manufacturing brands. The unique and noticeable features that Acer provides are very much appreciated and thus it provides a user-friendly experience to its users. There are more than 1.5 million Acer laptop users all over the world.
Recently, users are facing issues with the charging of the Acer laptops. Though the device is connected to the power supply, the device is not charging. Gradually after hours and hours of charging, still, the battery percentage of your device reduces.
If you are also facing the Acer plugged in not charging issues and looking out for fixes, then check out the below section to find appropriate solutions for this. Here you will find exact and easy to apply solutions for solving this issue. Continue reading to know more about it.
Why does the Acer Plugged in Not Charging Issue Occur?
There are several reasons why you may face Acer plugged in not charging issue. Knowing the reasons because of which this issue occurs in your system is very much necessary. This will help you to prevent the issue in the future. So, let us check the reasons why the issue might occur on your Acer laptop.
- Default Electric Connection– There is no doubt that an electric connection is required to charge the battery of any device. So any fault in electric connection mostly raises the Acer plugged in not charging problems. Electric short circuit, loose plug connection, the broken adapter cable also sometimes raise this issue.
- Issues with the battery of your Acer laptops– Many times, the locks that attach the battery with your laptop loosen up, then this error occurs. Dust in the terminals that connect the battery with your laptop, can also be a reason for this error.
- Faulty Adapter– The adapter where you connect the plug of your device must be in proper working condition, otherwise, you might encounter this error.
- Old BIOS Version– Users often forget to update their older BIOS version with the latest one and gradually face this issue.
Now, let us check out the different solutions that will permanently remove this error from your device. Make sure that you go through each and every step. The solutions that you will find below are quite helpful in resolving the Acer plugged in not charging issue.
Simple and Easy Solutions for the Acer Plugged in Not Charging Issue:
The solutions to get rid of the issue with your Acer laptop are given below. It is not necessary that you need to try each and every solution. After applying one solution, check if the issue still remains or not. If yes, then try the next option.
Solution 1: Troubleshoot the Hardware Issues
If you are facing the Acer plugged in not charging issue for a long time and you cannot find a fix for it, then all you need to do is remove all the issues related to the hardware of your system. You can do this simply by troubleshooting them. You can do this by following the steps cited below:-
- See if there is any damage to the adapter cable.
- Bring the charge of your device battery to 10% and then charge it.
- Change the adapter of your device. Buy a new adapter or use the adapter of any other laptop. If the issue removes, then the adapter of your laptop is faulty.
- Do not use any other battery for your device. Experts recommend the users to use the original battery. Change the battery of your laptop and then see if you still face the issue or not.
After applying these solutions, if still, the issue remains, then move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Disable the Threshold
In modern laptops, there is an amazing feature called the threshold. If you are using the latest model of Acer laptops and facing the Acer plugged in not charging issue, then try to turn off the battery charge threshold.
It is quite an effective solution for resolving the issue and the charging becomes normal. To do so very carefully, follow the steps given below accordingly.
[Note- Apply this solution if your Acer laptop has the Battery Charge Threshold only. If not, then just skip to the next step.]
- Open the hardware settings of your device and then click on the Power option.
- As the new tab opens, turn off the Battery Charge Threshold option. Then check if the issue is still present or not.
Solution 3: Check for the Updates of the Battery Management System
Sometimes when you forget to update the driver for the battery management system, then this may lead to this issue. Check for the updates. If the updates are not present in your device, then just simply download and install the updates.
You can either download the updates manually or automatically. Automatic download of different driver updates of the battery management system is more preferable than the manual downloads.
Thus, these are the most effective solutions that you can apply for solving the Acer plugged in not charging issue. If still, the problem arises, then contact a professional for fixing this issue permanently.