- Posted by Kate Wilson
- On February 4, 2020
While using your Acer tablet, several times you can face problems like forgetting passwords, pin, pattern lock. Sometimes, you can also face problems with your Android OS. Some of these problems can be solved with a soft reset but you are going to find some problems that are not fixable with a soft reset.
In the situation, when a soft reset is not the solution, then you have to reset it to its default factory settings. You may think resetting your Acer tablet is a bit tricky when you do not know how to reset Acer tablet. Actually, it is not a tough thing to do. You can easily reset your Acer tablet to its default factory settings after knowing the simple procedure.
Check Out the Overall Acer Tablet Resetting Procedure:
Here, we will provide you with a complete guide to reset Acer tablet. Go through them and perform the steps properly to reset your Acer tablet.
There are two types of reset procedures that you may follow, Soft Reset and Hard Reset. We will provide the instructions for both of these reset procedures below.
Sometimes, you might face a problem that can be solved by a soft reset only. Basically, this is a reset procedure without a data loss. When you see the screen of your tablet gets white, black or it is not responding, you can try to fix these problems with a soft reset.
To do that, you have to simply press the Power button and hold it till you see the Acer logo on the screen of your tablet.
When you are facing continuous problems with your Acer tablet, you must go through a hard reset procedure.
You have to keep in mind that a hard reset process removes all the files that are saved in your device and sets the device back to its factory settings. So, you must back up all of your important files and documents to the Google Drive, iCloud or any other storage device before performing a hard reset.
If you are going to hand over the tablet to someone or you are going to use a different Google account with this, then you have to remove any Google account from it before you go for a hard reset. To do that, go to Settings and then Accounts. This method will remove the protection of your tablet.
- From the Home screen, go to the Apps menu and get into the Settings.
- Get into the Backup & Reset.
- Then go to the Factory Data Reset.
- Choose the Reset option.
- Select Erase Everything.
- Power off your Acer tablet first.
- Press the Volume Up button and hold it for a few seconds.
- Then press the Power button to turn on the device and release it. Keep holding the Volume Up button.
- Release the Volume Up button after the Recovery menu appears on the screen.
- Select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Volume button.
- After that, press the Power button.
So, these were the complete instructions regarding the reset process of your Acer tablet. Hopefully, you have gathered all the information you were looking for. Now, you are able to reset your Acer tablet.
People Also Asks
Q. How to reset a tablet without a password?
- You may need to reset your tablet without a password when you have forgotten the password. Here are the steps that you have to go through to perform a reset on your tablet without a password.
- Fully charge the tablet at first.
- Press and hold the power button to turn it off.
- Press the Volume Up button, Home button, and the Power button together and hold it for some time. This will take you to the Recovery menu.
- Choose “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”.
- After that, press the Power button.
- Choose “Yes delete all user data”.
Q. How to change the password on a tablet?
- Here are the steps that you have to go through to change the password on your tablet.
- Go to the Settings of your tablet and get into Google. Then open your Google Account.
- Select Security that you are going to find at the top.
- Click on the Password that you will see under “Signing into Google”. Probably, you have to sign in.
- Here enter the new password and click on the Change Password option.
Q. How to reset the Google Settings on a tablet?
- To reset the Google settings on your tablet, here are the steps that you have to follow.
- Click on the menu icon that you will see just after the Address bar.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Settings.
- Select Advanced link after scrolling down on the Settings page.
- Then hit the Reset Button after scrolling down.
- After that, a window will pop-up and you have to click on the Reset button.